Welcome to Bedford Camera Club
I would like to welcome you to the 110th. season of the premier photographic club in Bedfordshire, The Bedford Camera Club. Our members are all keen amateur photographers and we welcome new members to our ranks. We have, over the course of the season, well known lecturers to talk to us about all aspects of photography and one learns so much from these experts. We also have a number of internal competitions which, if you're good enough, can win you one of the coveted cups at the end of the season.
In addition to this we have external competitions where we pit our skills against other clubs in the East Anglia region. This season will be exceptionally good as we have booked some brilliant speakers and the members evenings look to be very helpful to all members. I hope that you all have an enjoyable time this coming 2015/16 season and I look forward to greeting both old and new members.
Peter Symonds, Club President
- How to shoot portraits of strangers: 5 quick tips to put people at ease…! October 2, 2015
- Live View: 7 Do’s and 3 absolute Don’ts every photographer should remember…! September 28, 2015
- Camera cleaning: 5 ways to healthcheck your camera with confidence…! September 21, 2015
- Even more hot air than normal at Colmworth Golf Club! September 19, 2015
- This latest update from Bob Brind Surch may be of interest…! September 15, 2015
- How to get the best from your camera lenses (from Digital Camera World)…! September 15, 2015
- 6 camera tripod tips to keep your photos sharp…! September 15, 2015
- PHOTOGRAPHY NIGHTSHOOT (THE SHUTTLEWORTH COLLECTION) SAT 17 OCT 2015…! September 15, 2015
- Darkroom Printing, Essays and Magnum Photos September 7, 2015
- 4 classic portrait compositions every photographer should know…! September 5, 2015
Some evenings the club will hold practical workshops where experienced members run demonstrations. Usually several of these may be running concurrently and members choose which ones to join. Subjects may include table-top, macro, print mounting, lighting and Photoshop.