External Competition Feedback from Sara
Bedford Camera club entered the Annual Inter-Club Digital Competition hosted by Cambridge Camera Club on Saturday 21st January 2017. This was judged by Rosemary Wilman.
36 clubs competed and each club entered 5 images with a possible reserve round in case a tie break was needed.
Of the 185 images judged about 10% were given the maximum score of 20.
Five clubs shared the top 4 places. The winning club was Wayland & District Photographic club with a score of 96, followed by Biggleswade & District Camera club in second with a score of 92, and Royston Photographic Society scored 91 to come into 3rd place. Bishops Stortford Camera club and Norfolk Camera club came in joint 4th with a score of 90.
The range of scores awarded was from 12 to 20. Of the 185 images judged about only 10% were given the maximum score of 20. Unfortunately Bedford was not awarded a 20 on this occasion.
The top 5 clubs were awarded 40% of the maximum marks and only 40% of the clubs achieved a maximum score.
The judge gave feedback to most images which we will try to learn from when selecting images for future competitions.
Bedford Camera Club was represented by the images
- Harbour View by John Pegram as our entry for the Monochrome round
- Sheelanagig at Shrewsbury Folk Festival by Lynn Short for our People entry
- Storm Brewing by Bruce Deacon for Landscape
- King by Andy Howe as our nature entry
- Christmas at St Pancreas by John Gough in the open round
- Glee by Cliff Harvey was our reserve image
We scored 83 points and were placed 25th out of the 36 clubs
The competition hall was packed, there was lots of support from the all the clubs entering.
Our next competitions are
- 5th February – PDI round of the EAF
- 9th March – Central Challenge cup at Milton Keynes *
- 12th March – Print round of the EAF
- 18th April is our 3-way competition with Kempston and Shillington
* The Central Challenge cup at Milton Keynes on 9th March is free. Please come and support us. Let us know that you will be coming by the 23rd Feb as we need to send names for catering arrangements.
The 3 way on the 18th April is at Bedford on a club night so we hope to see you all then.