On February 24 th 2018 Bedford Camera Club entered the St Ives Interprint competition.
28 Clubs took part each entering 8 prints which were displayed in the Free Church in St Ives during the day before the judged, Chris Palmer, fed back his results and comments in the evening.
The judge commented on each image and paid particular attention to the size of the image and type of paper used which he felt should support and enhance the image.
Of the 224 images presented only 6 prints achieved a maximum score of 20. None of Bedford’s images achieved a maximum score.
Bedford was placed joint 11th with a score of 128. Cambridge won the competition with a score of 142. 2nd place went to Ware and District with Norfolk coming 3rd .
The prints which represented Bedford were
- Landing by Andy Howe
- 1st View of the Taj by Richard Burn
- Walking in the rain by Richard Burn
- Retro in Sepia by Vaughan Dean
- Kingfisher sequence by John Pegram
- Hound Dogs by Bruce Deacon
- Icelandic Mountains by John Dunn
- Thames Still water by Cliff Harvey
Our next external competition is on the 4th March when we will be entering the EAF print competition.